[Snort-users] How to write rules for non-TCP (LLC) packets?

Russ Combs rcombs at ...1935...
Tue Apr 23 16:08:18 EDT 2013

The datalink type in the pcap is ethernet but that doesn't match the outer
layer encapsulation.  You need some way to skip over those first 12 bytes.
 It is fairly easy to patch Snort to do that, but having a different DLT to
key off of would be best.