[Snort-users] Snort Dynamic Preprocessor

Russ Combs rcombs at ...1935...
Mon Apr 22 08:23:14 EDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 3:59 AM, Prathibha P G <prathibhapg at ...11827...>wrote:

> Hi all,
>    can any body tel me what is the use of a dyanamic snort preprocessor
> kit. and how to work with it?????
>
> Dynamic preprocessors are like "plugins" for Snort that do additional
analysis of packets and sessions after decoding and before detection.  If
by "kit" you mean the "starter kit" on www.snort.org, that is a source
tarball example that will facilitate writing your own preprocessor.  The
README therein has the details you need to get going.