[Snort-users] Snort Start up error

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Thu Apr 18 20:05:48 EDT 2013

On 4/18/2013 18:31, Said Nurhussein wrote:
> the following line is in the classification.config file
> config classification: misc-activity,Misc activity,3

that is the correct line...

> Could this error be due to not having the latest rules-set?

no... the error is because your snort is not loading the proper file... i
pointed you to your snort.conf file to see what file it is loading ;)

are you sure your snort is loading the proper snort.conf file? what is your
snort command line?

also, please read my sig and follow its instructions... others cannot learn and
fix their same or similar problem when traffic is taken private in cases like
this...

i've added the list back into this reply... thanks!