[Snort-users] Can Snort extract flow characteristics?

Pratik Narang pratik.cse.bits at ...11827...
Thu Apr 18 02:16:03 EDT 2013

Dear Snort experts,

Open source tools having community inputs have this great advantage
that they can be used for tasks much beyond what they were intended
for. I wish to know if I can utilise vanilla Snort for the following
task (or maybe it does this already?)- Can Snort take pcaps/live
traffic as input and output all the 'flow characteristics'? I need the
flow characteristics for training Machine Learning algorithms.

Thanks...