[Snort-users] Strange happenings with BY2

beenph beenph at ...11827...
Sun Apr 14 00:37:01 EDT 2013

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 12:21 AM, Tony Robinson
<deusexmachina667 at ...11827...> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I was just testing out some changes to my autosnort script and documenting
> the install process and noticed that barnyard2 behaves a little bit
> differently.
>
> It use to be that you could specify a directive via command line and via the
> config file and the command line argument would win. Now it seems that if
> you specify an argument in both places, BY2 just refuses to run. It throws a
> fatal error stating that the argument cannot be specified in the config file
> and on the command line.
>
> I took a look at the readme/changelog available via github, didn't really
> find much regarding it. Has anyone else noticed this? Not that it truly
> matters anymore; I just removed the offending options from the command line
> and am about to commit the changes to the scripts regardless -- merely
> curious.

Hi Tony,

Can you be more specific about which version you are using and which
argument you are trying to run
and what output you get and mabey its will be possible to
assist/explain you further what is happening.

Thank you.

-elz