[Snort-users] Creating a costume Rules repository...

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Tue Apr 2 11:40:45 EDT 2013

On 4/2/2013 09:05, Cintron, Jose J. wrote:
> Can anyone point me to directions on how to create a custom rules repository from which my servers can download the rules that I want to use?

the rules are nothing more than files... you can have the rules separated into
groupings represented by different files and you can archive the rules files
into one or more archives if you desire... other than that, possibly creating
SHA/MD5 checksums for them may be desirable...

then you simply host them on a server via http(s) or ftp(s) and point your rules
manager(s) at the proper URL to grab them...

there's really nothing any fancier than the basics necessary ;)