[Snort-users] Creating a costume Rules repository...

Jeremy Hoel jthoel at ...11827...
Tue Apr 2 11:34:00 EDT 2013

What we use.. and this works well for us:

Have one server grab the VRT/ET/local.rules and run pulledpork against
all that.  We make all the config changes on this box and do all the
testing. Then it tgzs the rules/config/bpf/etc and put them on a
websites that the rest of our sensors grab from and untar and then
restart snort and by2.  that happens about 4 times a day.

We figured that would be easier then having each box run an instance
of pullpork and then having to make the configs the same.