[Snort-users] [barnyard2-users] Fatal error after upgrading barnyard2

beenph beenph at ...11827...
Sat Sep 29 10:28:40 EDT 2012

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 2:43 AM, Miguel Alvarez <miguellvrz9 at ...11827...> wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I upgraded barnyard2 earlier this week to the 1.10 final from beta2
> (thank you, elz!) and realized that some of my by2 processes had died.
>  Looking in the logs, I see these from the MySQL output plugin for my
> Snorby instance:
>
> Sep 29 03:27:49 nids12 barnyard2[18511]: FATAL ERROR: database
> mysql_error: Duplicate entry '16-78634' for key 'PRIMARY'

Is this error message complete? It seem's like the table name is missing.
And this would help to diagnossis what could have heppened.

> I tried removing all existing logs files in case waldo was getting
> lost and trying to re-insert already sent records but that didn't seem
> to be it.  What can I do to resolve this problem?

How you by2 config file look like?

-elz