[Snort-users] Fatal error after upgrading barnyard2

Miguel Alvarez miguellvrz9 at ...11827...
Sat Sep 29 02:43:18 EDT 2012

Good morning,

I upgraded barnyard2 earlier this week to the 1.10 final from beta2
(thank you, elz!) and realized that some of my by2 processes had died.
 Looking in the logs, I see these from the MySQL output plugin for my
Snorby instance:

Sep 29 03:27:49 nids12 barnyard2[18511]: FATAL ERROR: database
mysql_error: Duplicate entry '16-78634' for key 'PRIMARY'

I tried removing all existing logs files in case waldo was getting
lost and trying to re-insert already sent records but that didn't seem
to be it.  What can I do to resolve this problem?

Thank you,

MA