[Snort-users] Barnyard2 - v2-1.10 is released

AllowOverride allowoverride at ...11827...
Fri Sep 28 00:58:13 EDT 2012

he configuration is installed by default
to /usr/local/etc/barnyard2.conf

exactly my point! why /usr/local, why not /etc/snort. /usr/local should
be used for stuff that is not a service, but local programs. snort is a
daemon, and daemon traditionally go in /etc, freebsd users
are /usr/local/etc, cuz ports like putting things there. i guess i
should have mentioned im using linux.

aside from where this and that is placed, /usr/local/etc/barnyard2.conf
as a location makes no sense to me. it just gets burried, and the vast
majority wont find it there until they run a script that says, it can't
find such and such, then pulledpork will say, it cant find rules,
barnyard2, so forth. sorry this is my only point here.