[Snort-users] Barnyard2 - v2-1.10 is released

beenph beenph at ...11827...
Thu Sep 27 21:18:50 EDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 7:09 PM, Joel Esler <jesler at ...1935...> wrote:
> We put our applications and libraries in the proper standard locations.  I'm not sure how barnyard2 functions, and pulledpork is a perl script (so it can be placed wherever is my point).

The by2 binary and configuration file are also installed in standard
locations, the binary is installed there by default
/usr/local/bin/barnyard2 and t
he configuration is installed by default to /usr/local/etc/barnyard2.conf

Mabey we could move to /usr/local/barnyard2/bin and
/usr/local/barnyard2/etc but all i was trying to highlight previously
is that standard path is a relative truth.

> But as far as all of us getting together, I tend to think that between all the projects we do a pretty good job of communicating.  But we certainly have room for growth.

Agreed

-elz