[Snort-users] not event in snort 2.9.3

beenph beenph at ...11827...
Thu Sep 27 15:58:57 EDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 3:48 PM, troxlinux <xserverlinux at ...11827...> wrote:
> 2012/9/27 beenph <beenph at ...11827...>:
>> On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 3:42 PM, troxlinux <xserverlinux at ...11827...> wrote:
>>> what you run linux distribution snort? , I compile this version of
>>> snort with this option
>>>
>>> ./configure –enable-sourcefire
>>>
>> The OS flavor should have no impact in this context.
>>
>> Can you attach your snort.conf?
>>
>> -elz
>
> ok , I have my doubts with snortd daemon, which is within / etc / init.d!

Well you will have to figure out a few things, like which binary your
"daemon' script launch, with which
parameter it invoke the binary and and which config it uses,

But i would say that before daemonizing the process you should run it
by hand and see if it gives result, if it does then
the script is probably wrong and you will have to figure that out.

-elz