[Snort-users] Barnyard2 - v2-1.10 is released

beenph beenph at ...11827...
Thu Sep 27 14:18:14 EDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 2:04 PM, AllowOverride <allowoverride at ...11827...> wrote:
> thanks joel, the point here is, standardization. if snort, the A program
> is compiled with paths in the make file here, then all other programs
> should follow same paths,
> not /usr/local/etc/snort, /usr/local/bin/snort, /usr/bin/snort, /etc/snort, /etc/snort/etc,
> so on so forth,
> then /etc/snort/lib/snort_dynmaic* /usr/local/lib/snort/snort_dynamic*
> so on so forth,, make them all the same, as everything is under root /
> and everything is all over the place, in the pulledpork.pl,
> pulledpork.conf, the
> barynard2.conf, /usr/local/etc/snort/barnyard2.conf, /usr/local/snort/barnyard2.conf, so on so forth,
>
> then on top of all of that, the options to run snort with paths defined
> in confs vs paths defined on cmdline.
>
> just make it simple. devs at pulledpork barynard, snort should have a
> conference call and define the friggen paths. thats my point.
> thanks

Well i kind of tend to disagree because you can easly do no want to do
make install and install
binaries/libraries and configuration to locations that fit your needs.

Specifics path shouldn't be a blocker imho.

-elz