[Snort-users] Snort / Barnyard2 Placement

Turnbough, Bradley E. bturnbough at ...15650...
Wed Sep 26 17:30:06 EDT 2012

Say I have 50 Sensors and 1 web server with snorby / mysql / apache....

Do you guys recommend putting barnyard2 on the 50 sensors and then inserting the data over to wire to the mysql database, or should I ship the U2 files over to the webserver with 1 instance of Barnyard2 and insert the data from there?

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.