[Snort-users] [Snort-devel] Barnyard2 - v2-1.10 is released

beenph beenph at ...11827...
Wed Sep 26 13:23:49 EDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 1:08 PM, Michael Steele <michaels at ...9077...> wrote:
> [...]

I  understand but its in my opinion a completly different topic that
should be its own thread and it is
kind of schema independant since im sure BASE can have issue of its
own since its last have been updated.

> Doesn't matter if your running Snort on Windows or any other platform. If
> for whatever reason, logging to a SQL server database is a necessity, then
> they are stuck using an outdated Snort.

Well the only context where people would be logging to a MS SQL server
are the people
who have natively compiled snort on windows, beside that the bridge
from linux/*nix to MSSQL,
for snort, barnyard or barnyard2 never have logged to MSSQL.

As we have previously discussed one of the secondary objective of
barnyard2 2.2-xx will be
to natively compile under windows which could enable native support
for MSSQL, but highlight
"secondary".

> I don't think there are any consoles that will run in a standalone Windows
> environment, other than BASE. I could be wrong, and hopefully someone will
> jump in here if there are other standalone options.

As far as i know sguil run under windows there should be a way to make
snorby work under windows,
look arround there is some answers out there.

-elz