[Snort-users] RedBorder IDS / A bit disappointed... (maybe someone can help & clarify?)

Jaime Nebrera jnebrera at ...11827...
Wed Sep 26 10:27:12 EDT 2012

   Again, for the benefit of the list:

   Hi giles,

   Have you read the fastpath install guide?

http://redborder.net/fastpath-install-guide/

   You need configure the manager using rb_sysconf to set networking and
cluster issues even if there is only a node (single mode). All services
in the manager (mysql, rabbitmq, chef-*, drbd, etc) depend on a working
cluster (rgmanager and cman services), this configurations are created
by rb_sysconf automatically using a wizard in the 'System configuration'
menu.

   Please, read the official manual too:

http://redborder.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/redBorder_IPS-2.2-Reference_Manual-en-US.pdf

   On the other hand, you need to know that we don't guarantee that the
redBorder sensor works well in a virtual environment because the pf_ring
support in the virtual network module.

   If you don't want to see the message  "ttyS0 main process ...,
respawning"  remove the file "/etc/init/ttyS0.conf" and reboot.

   Regards.