[Snort-users] RedBorder IDS / A bit disappointed... (maybe someone can help & clarify?)

Giles Coochey giles at ...9346...
Wed Sep 26 07:49:23 EDT 2012

On 26/09/2012 12:18, Jaime Nebrera wrote:

>   Hi Giles, we are still trying to discover why you cant send to the list.
>
>   Either way, the public release of the software was very specific to
> a particular project. We are trying to improve that, making it much
> more generic and thus more usable to other people.
>
>   Can you tell me the exact virtual box version you are using? We have
> tried with both VMWare and KVM and works.
>
>   Still, is very important to follow the manual for initial
> installation. Some stuff seems weird (like building a cluster of just
> one node) but its relevant when you consider the whole picture
Quite happy to do some testing, but the VirtualBox version I've tried
the install on was 4.2.0 r80737 Windows 7 64-bit

I've had an email from Juan off-list, so will speak with him.

--
Regards,

Giles Coochey, CCNA, CCNAS
NetSecSpec Ltd