[Snort-users] RedBorder IDS / A bit disappointed... (maybe someone can help & clarify?)

Turnbough, Bradley E. bturnbough at ...15650...
Tue Sep 25 12:25:40 EDT 2012

Management Station:

Virtual Machine
Virtual NIC UNPLUGGED.

Booted to the ISO and started the install.  Followed the prompts as necessary.
System installs and boots just fine.
Log into the system and execute rb_sysconf
Select option 1 (network configuration)
Select option 2 (management IP address) / set address to an appropriate address and also the mask.
Select option 4 (Default Gateway) and set the DG to the appropriate value.
Select option 5 (Primary DNS) and enter in appropriate IP of a DNS server.
Hit "A" to apply.
Quit back to Main Menu.
Select Option 2 "System configuration"
Select Option 1 "Hostname"
Set the hostname and hit "A" to apply.
Quit out of rb_sysconf
Reboot machine.

I can ping the machine, and ssh into it, but I cannot get to the web admin interface via either http://{ipaddress}<http://%7bipaddress%7d> or https://{ipaddress}

I then performed `service iptables off` and then rebooted.  Still no change.

I then verified that I cannot even `telnet localhost 443` or `telnet localhost 80` from the machine itself.

The manual is dodgy, at best...I'm hoping the community will help here....
This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.