[Snort-users] Looking for a prebuilt Snort IDS Distro

Jaime Nebrera jnebrera at ...11827...
Fri Sep 21 09:33:47 EDT 2012

Glad you liked. Take a look at the manual (in English and Spanish)

Enviado desde Xperia™ S

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Looking for a prebuilt Snort IDS Distro
From: "Turnbough, Bradley E." <bturnbough at ...15650...>
To: Jaime Nebrera <jnebrera at ...11827...>,"snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net" <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
CC:

From: Jaime Nebrera [mailto:jnebrera at ...11827...]
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2012 2:51 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net

On 20/09/12 15:26, Turnbough, Bradley E. wrote:
I'm looking for a prebuilt snort IDS Distro.  Preferrably based on the Centos 6 series.  Any Suggestions?

I'd like it to have (at a minimum):

Snort
Barnyard 2
Snorby
Mysql

  Hi Bradley,

  I would suggest redBorder.net

  It contains Snort, Barnyard 2, Snorby (for event management) and MySQL. Besides those, you have a very powerful rule manager, config system and SNMP monitoring as an extension of Snorby and performance enhancements on the Snort side.

  It is free for registered users and under open source license.

Exactly what I was looking for.... Thanks Jamie!
This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.