[Snort-users] Packet Logger Mode- what is func()?

Alex Adamos alexthakidadam at ...125...
Fri Sep 21 09:02:31 EDT 2012

hi to all!
im new here and i suppose maybe you can help me!
I was trying to figure out how the Packet Logger Mode runs. At snort.c , when packet_logger_mode is set,  the LogPacket() which in turn calls the CallLogPlugins(). In the later definition of the function (at detect.c file) a function pointer idx calls the func(). At this point, i can not neither understand or find what this function does or where it is defined !!! It goes like this :
void CallLogPlugins(Packet * p, char *message, void *args, Event *event){    OutputFuncNode *idx;
    idx = LogList;
    pc.log_pkts++;
    while(idx != NULL)    {        idx->func(p, message, idx->arg, event);        idx = idx->next;    }}
please help!Thanks.