[Snort-users] Looking for a prebuilt Snort IDS Distro

Jeremy Hoel jthoel at ...11827...
Thu Sep 20 09:34:39 EDT 2012

Well I'm sure it will get mentioned, SecurityOnion is based on
Ubuntu/Debian.  It's a nice tool that works well for an install out of
the box and it has everything you need.

Other then that, i think you are on a build your own.. but, it's not
to bad really.  The hardest part will be Snorby, since it uses rails
and rails on Cent is a PITA.

The other 3 parts can be built from the regular repos (if you build
snort via source) and I can send you the commands I use when I do it.