[Snort-users] Updating Rules with PulledPork and no outside connection

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Wed Sep 19 16:35:51 EDT 2012

I'm thinking there has to be a quicker way to do this.

If PulledPork is only extracting the *.txt files to the signature folder,
maybe there is a way to run a Windows, or Unix command line unzip from the
perl script?

Iuse, and it takes about 30 seconds: unzip -j -qq opensource.zip *.txt -d
d:\winids\apache\htdocs\base\signature

Can you answer this because I'm not real clear:

I'm thinking of processing the rules file offline using PulledPork, and then
extracting the opensource.gz file later to the signature folder, does that
work or does PulledPork need to do anything with them, at the same time it's
processing the rules?

Kindest regards,

Michael...