[Snort-users] logging to syslog

Benjamin Lincoln BLincoln at ...15832...
Wed Sep 19 13:26:39 EDT 2012

I've tried removing -K ascii from the run line, still no information is making  it to the Syslog server.

Ben Lincoln
Internal Ext. 53274
(509)524-5931

From: Michael Steele [mailto:michaels at ...9077...]
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 10:05 AM
To: Benjamin Lincoln; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] logging to syslog

Remove the '-K ascii' from the run line.

Before going through all the trouble of changing the actual Snort startup, net stop snort, cd to the snort/bin folder and run:

snort -c c:\snort\etc\snort.conf -l c:\snort\log -i1 -s

I'm assuming the snort.conf is set properly for syslog output.

Kindest regards,
Michael...

WINSNORT.com Management Team Member
--