[Snort-users] logging to syslog

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Wed Sep 19 13:04:44 EDT 2012

Remove the '-K ascii' from the run line.

Before going through all the trouble of changing the actual Snort startup,
net stop snort, cd to the snort/bin folder and run:

snort -c c:\snort\etc\snort.conf -l c:\snort\log -i1 -s

I'm assuming the snort.conf is set properly for syslog output.

Kindest regards,

Michael...

WINSNORT.com Management Team Member

--

*          Visit Us @  <http://www.winsnort.com> http://www.winsnort.com
*

*      ~~ FREE WinIDS Snort installation guides ~~      *

*               ~~ FREE support forums ~~               *

* Snort: Open Source Network IDS -  <http://www.snort.org>
http://www.snort.org *