[Snort-users] Automatically block IP on firewall box from snort IDS

Kevin Ross kevross33 at ...14012...
Tue Sep 18 07:49:52 EDT 2012

I don't think it is by default. However it is much better to use the
snortsam barnyard patch as snort changes often while barnyard changes much
less so it is simpler to patch barnyard so snort versions can be maintained
separately and that is before it even gets to the speed and efficiency
benefits of using barnyard over snort doing anything but unified2 output.

Kev