[Snort-users] Updating Rules with PulledPork and no outside connection

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Mon Sep 17 22:24:15 EDT 2012

I've placed both files in the designated temp folder:

1) snortrules-snapshot-2931.tar.gz
2) opensource.gz

I ran my pulledpork using the -nvT switches

The 'snortrules-snapshot-2931.tar.gz' gets processed but PulledPork fails to
process 'opensource.gz'.

What else should I be doing in order for it to complete the processing of
the 'opensource.gz' file.

>> Place the tarballs in the defined temp path that you have in your
pulledpork.conf.. You will want to tell pp not to download and not to
validate checksums...

The -n switch tells PP to use local rules in temp folder, and to not
download. I'm looking for something that tells PP not to validate checksums,
and I'm having no luck?

Kindest regards,
Michael...