[Snort-users] Internal Network vs. External Network

Turnbough, Bradley E. bturnbough at ...15650...
Wed Sep 12 11:04:13 EDT 2012

I have two networks behind my firewall which have a IDS requirement.  They are both "Internal" because they're "inside" my company.

Snort operates on "Internal" and "External" networks.

Should I consider the "internal networks" the ones that require the IDS, and everything outside of them to be "external networks"?

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.