[Snort-users] Import data from wireshark to Snort

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Tue Sep 11 15:38:24 EDT 2012

On 9/11/2012 04:29, Nhok Maruko wrote:
> Hi, everyone. I have some trouble with Snort. i don't know how to import data
> from wireshark to Snort, so anyone who know please help me?

taking a eWAG (educated Wild Arsed Guess), it would seem that you have captured
data with wireshark and you want to feed it to snort? if so, you need to save
that data as a pcap (it may already be such) and then you feed it to snort with
the "-r pcapfile" option on the command line with the other command line options
necessary...

this page in the manual might help...

http://manual.snort.org/node8.html