[Snort-users] What is this I see?

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Tue Sep 11 15:34:40 EDT 2012

On 9/11/2012 00:10, Pratik Narang wrote:
> Can someone help me out- what is this that I see when Snort starts "commencing
> packet processing" :

where are you seeing this? on the screen? if so, it would appear that you are
simply running snort and not executing it as a daemon...

taking a quick look at the data presented, i will first guess that the S5:
prefix on those lines indicates that they are being emitted by the Stream5
processor...

other than that, i've not seen them before and can offer little further
assistance on them other than being able to read what each line is specifically
stating ;)