[Snort-users] Frag3 timeout ignored

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Sun Sep 2 01:19:30 EDT 2012

On 9/1/2012 22:36, Gmail Personal wrote:
> Hi guys, my Frag3 timeout of 30 seconds is ignored when I'm doing some testing
> with Scapy
>
> Is it as simple as putting "timeout 30" in the Frag engine options?

you need to explain a bit more details... what do you mean that the timeout is
not working?

are you expecting that snort will timeout on the stream after 30 seconds or what??

what version of snort are you running?

what, exactly, does your stream3 config line look like??

FWIW: all of our crystal balls are in the repair shop due to failures in reading
what others are trying to depict with their reports... we only have what
you/they can accurately explain to us to work with... "it isn't working" is like
saying the "car won't start" and no one can tell if the battery is dead or the
gas is watered down...

so help us to help you... give us as much detail as you can that is specific to
the problem you are having ;)