[Snort-users] sid-msg.map and the new .rules files

JJC cummingsj at ...11827...
Wed Oct 31 12:33:58 EDT 2012

sid-msg.map or gen-msg.map? the subject indicates one, while the body
indicates the other.. that said sid-msg.map seems to make the most sense.

Joel, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that the expectation is that
users generate their own sid-msg.map going forward, this guarantees that
local.rules etc.. are included in said sid-msg.map.  PulledPork natively
does this, and Oinkmaster includes a contrib script that does this.

JJC