[Snort-users] Advice about Snort web interface (GUI)

Tony Reusser treusser at ...15879...
Wed Oct 31 10:40:33 EDT 2012

I'm using BASE 1.4.5.  It is adequate, but something newer and still supported would make me feel better.  I'm kind of a linux n00b and getting everything running just the way I like (snort, barnyard2, mysql, BASE, pulledpork) was kind of a painful process.  How hard is it to change my setup from BASE to something like Snorby?  My system is running on CentOS 6.3 64bit.

Regards,

tkr

-----Original Message-----
From: Dmitry Korzhevin [mailto:dmitry.korzhevin at ...15907...]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:35 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Advice about Snort web interface (GUI)

Hello guys,

I read few chapter about GUI for Snort at internet, and even install BASE web GUI on server. But, seems BASE GUI project is dead, and i wish to try another, supported GUI.

I  read about:

http://blog.snort.org/2011/01/guis-for-snort.html
http://blog.snort.org/2011/10/comparison-of-3-popular-snort-guis.html

Am i write about, currently snow has 2 main GUI interfaces: SQueRT and Snorby?

What interface are you use?

Thank you for advice!

Best Regards,
Dmitry