[Snort-users] Unable to run barnyard

Akinwale Fasuru fashman2k1 at ...131...
Fri Oct 26 11:53:41 EDT 2012

Thanks Jeremy and everyone I think its work, i went checking the interface again. but i have this error coming up when i run the same command, looks like mysql configuration is not right i dont know what it is though.. pls can you help.

  --== Initializing Barnyard2 ==--
Initializing Input Plugins!
Initializing Output Plugins!
Parsing config file "/etc/snort/barnyard2.conf"
Log directory = /var/log/barnyard2
ERROR: database: mysql_error: Access denied for user 'snort'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Fatal Error, Quitting..

I also get a similar error when I put this in the URL "http://127.0.0.1/base/base_main.php" Here is what i gath:

Error (p)connecting to DB : snort at ...274...:3306

Check the DB connection variables in base_conf.php

               = $alert_dbname   : MySQL database name where the alerts are stored
               = $alert_host     : host where the database is stored
               = $alert_port     : port where the database is stored
               = $alert_user     : username into the database
               = $alert_password : password for the username

Database ERROR:Access denied for user 'snort'@'localhost' (using password: YES)