[Snort-users] Fwd: Re: barnyard2-1.10 major problem

beenph beenph at ...11827...
Thu Oct 25 09:48:43 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Lawrence R. Hughes, Sr.
<lhughes at ...14822...> wrote:
> Beenph,
>
> As you suggested yesterday to add the following:
>

> "add  --alert-on-each-packet-in-stream in your barnyard2 command line
> and it will work as expected."
>
> This does not work, I have a unified2 file from snort that has 4 packets
> along with the alert, but barnyard2-1.10 is only inserting the first packet
> into the snort.data table???

Whats is the barnyard2 command line do you use?

Also what is your unified2 output configuration in snort.conf?

> So far we have increased the CACHED_EVENTS_MAX  from 512 to 2048 and again
> to 4096  (did not help)
> added: --alert-on-each-packet-in-stream to barnyard2 command line (did not
> help).
>
> What do you suggest now to get barnyard2-1.10 to work as you say it should?
> BTW it never worked in barnyard2-1.8 either.

I can't say for 2-1.8.

-elz