[Snort-users] Snort 2.9.4 RC Now Available
snortreleases at ...950...
Wed Oct 24 15:34:05 EDT 2012
Snort 2.9.4 RC is now available on snort.org, at
http://www.snort.org/snort-downloads/ in the Latest Release section.
220.127.116.11 & later packages are signed with a new PGP key
(that key is signed with the previous key).
Snort 2.9.4 includes changes for the following:
[*] New additions
* Consolidation of IPv6 -- now only a single build supports both
IPv4 & IPv6, and removal of the IPv4 "only" code paths.
* File API and improvements to file processing for HTTP downloads
and email attachments via SMTP, POP, and IMAP to facilitate
broader file support
* Use of address space ID for tracking Frag & Stream connections
when it is available with the DAQ
* Logging of packet data that triggers PPM for post-analysis via
* Decoding of IPv6 with PPPoE
* Update to Stream5 PAF for handling gaps in the sequence numbers of
packets being reassembled.
* Selection of the Stream TCP policy based on the server rather than
the destination of first packet seen by Snort
* Allow disabling of global thresholds via a count of -1
* Prevent blocking duplicate SYNs when using inline normalization
* Add SSLv3 backwards compatibility support for SSLv2 ClientHello
* Allow active responses to packets without data (eg, a TCP SYN)
* Changed logic of option evaluations for shared library rules that
use a custom evaluation function to match that of the builtin logic
when the NOT_FLAG is used. The 'NOT' matching now happens within
each of the individual rule option evaluation functions.
Please see the Release Notes and ChangeLog for more details.
Please submit bugs, questions, and feedback to bugs at ...10585...
The Snort Release Team
More information about the Snort-users