[Snort-users] Alerts with the incorrect Source IP (proxy server)

Joel Esler jesler at ...1935...
Wed Oct 24 14:10:07 EDT 2012

If you have additional logging turned on, and your proxy supports it, (and you have "enable_xff") turned on in the snort.conf we'll log the actual IP in the additional data in the unified2 file.

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT