[Snort-users] Snort Service not functioning

K Vijaya Sai Prasanth sai.prashanth at ...15887...
Fri Oct 19 05:52:16 EDT 2012

Hello All,

I use Snort with an Aanval Front-End. My IDS system keeps crashing [due to the volume of events] and when I restart the system there are no events generated and Aanval also doesn't display any events. Is anyone familiar with this kind of an issue? I know for a fact that snort service/process is running but clearly it's not doing its job of raising alerts.

Please let me know what troubleshooting steps can be taken to fix this kind of an issue and find the root cause of the problem.

Regards,
K Vijaya Sai Prasanth
Information Security Analyst