[Snort-users] problems with barnyard2 and rpm

beenph beenph at ...11827...
Thu Oct 11 20:41:42 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 8:21 PM, MLP SCADA <MLPSCADA at ...15411...> wrote:
> I'm not sure whether this is a snort question, a barnyard2 question, an rpm question, or all of the above, so apologies in advance if necessary.
>
> I'm not that familiar or comfortable with redhat or rpms, but that's what we have, so that's what I'll use.
>
> I can't seem to get the barnyard2 rpm to compile.

<SNIP>
</SNIP>
> So I'm lost.  What do I do next?

Never dealt with RPM but i would say, untar/gzip the downloaded source,

rename the directory to barnyard2-1.10 and re-tar/gzip the renamed
directory and copy the resulting tar.gz file  to your  SOURCE
directory.

Because i think when its unpacking it the directory is named from
github which would not match whats it is expecting.

-elz