[Snort-users] Error running snort

Doug Burks doug.burks at ...11827...
Thu Oct 11 06:16:14 EDT 2012

Hi AllowOverride,

Replies inline.

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 3:40 AM, AllowOverride <allowoverride at ...11827...> wrote:
> im looking at vbox guest iso of seconion, seems pretty bloated,

I disagree with the term "bloated", but we do run other processes in
addition to Snort which can be disabled if so desired.

> runs
> slow even set with 3.5 gigs of mem on the host dedicated to it.

3.5GB RAM should be sufficient for a demo VM.  If you'd like to
discuss further, we can help you diagnose why it seems slow if you
send a detailed email to one of our mailing lists:

Thanks,
--
Doug Burks
http://securityonion.blogspot.com