[Snort-users] Error running snort

AllowOverride allowoverride at ...11827...
Wed Oct 10 17:58:02 EDT 2012

this leads to another issue, so_rules, i did not see ubuntu 12.04
listed, only up to 12.04. is there a updated precompiled rule set for
12.04 coming soon, not that i know what they are for, i figure packets
being analyzed should matter what distro it is coming for?

i assume the precompiled rules are for base services included in each
linux different distro, thus the need to specify them in the first
place.

dont answer that, i will figure it out, just thinking out loud..