[Snort-users] Error running snort

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at ...14358...
Wed Oct 10 17:51:23 EDT 2012

--On October 10, 2012 12:47:43 PM -0700 Akinwale Fasuru
<fashman2k1 at ...131...> wrote:

> Pls i encountered this erro when tring to run snort # snort -c
> /etc/snort/snort.conf
> ERROR: Failed to load /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrules/netbios.so:
> /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrules/netbios.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
>
> What can i do?

You can stop trying to do things that are clearly beyond your capabilities.
Learn Linux first.  Once you understand that, then you can tackle something
complicated like snort, etc.

The purpose of this list is to solve problems, not hold someone's hand
while walking them through basic tutorials.

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst