[Snort-users] Extracting snortrules-2931.tar.gz

AllowOverride allowoverride at ...11827...
Tue Oct 9 21:06:16 EDT 2012

joel, i am referring to this verbiage:

Downloading with your Oinkcode
Important Note

In June 2010 we stopped offering rules in the
"snortrules-snapshot-CURRENT" format. Instead, rules are released for
specific versions of Snort. You will be responsible for downloading the
correct rules release for your version of Snort. The new versioning
mechanism will require a four digit version in the file name.

Subscriber Release

http://www.snort.org/sub-rules/<filename>/<oinkcode here>

e.g. http://www.snort.org/sub-rules/snortrules-snapshot-2900.tar.gz/hidden

Registered User Release