[Snort-users] There appears to be a bug in Base-1.4.5

Tue Oct 9 19:26:03 EDT 2012

Hmm, sounds good.  I will definitely have to spin up a snorby box and see what it can do!

I will also sign up at clould.snorby.org, thanks!

From: Dustin Webber [mailto:dustin.webber at ...11827...]
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 4:23 PM
To: Jefferson, Shawn
Cc: Snort-Users Users
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] There appears to be a bug in Base-1.4.5

Shawn,

Yes, the things you listed below have been added. I can agree that before these features were added (most notably the uniq events) it was a little bit of a pain to navigate.

In snorby (this is in dev but will be pushed to master this weekend) each sensor can be configured independently. So if you don't want to cluster openFPC or streamDB you can add a different API url to each sensor.

Good call on locking that box down but in those situations i feel so dirty i can't sleep at night. hehe maybe not that extreme but you get my point.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback and I hope you get a chance to try Snorby out again in the future. sign up a cloud.snorby.org<http://cloud.snorby.org> and i'll give you a beta invite so you can test it and help better the software.

- Dustin

P.S Everyone, Snorby is actively developer - if you want features please ask, we are willing to pretty much add anything people request.

[cid:image001.png at ...15868...][cid:image002.png at ...15868...]