[Snort-users] [Snort-sigs] Snort.conf updates have been posted

Tue Oct 9 18:37:17 EDT 2012

"In the future we anticipate updates like these to be unnecessary"

Interesting... what's coming down the pipe as far as the snort.conf is concerned?

From: Joel Esler [mailto:jesler at ...1935...]
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 12:58 PM
To: AllowOverride
Cc: snort-users
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] [Snort-sigs] Snort.conf updates have been posted

No.  However, these changes happen so infrequently that I make sure I post about them on the mailing lists and on the blog.  I've got a couple more updates to do with regards to ports, and I'll try and get those knocked out soon.  But NO Pulledpork does NOT presently alter your Snort.conf for you.  If that's a feature request you'd like to make, please do so on the pulledpork website<http://code.google.com/p/pulledpork/>.  In the future we anticipate updates like these to be unnecessary, but for the time being, they are needed.

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT