[Snort-users] There appears to be a bug in Base-1.4.5

Joel Esler jesler at ...1935...
Tue Oct 9 17:59:38 EDT 2012

On Oct 9, 2012, at 4:22 PM, "Castle, Shane" <scastle at ...14946...> wrote:

> (Removed snort-team from CC list - they have zero interest in BASE and this is just noise to them.)

It's not that we have zero interest.  We have nothing to add.  You're right.  BASE is pretty much dead.  When I left the project in 05, it continued on for a year or so with minor updates, and the last I heard it was going to get a complete recode with a new DB schema, and GUI clients (that was the direction that I wanted it to go when I was the project manager at least, and I think that train of thought was continuing).

I don't use any GUI right now (alert files and pcaps when analyzing my own network).

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT