[Snort-users] Extracting snortrules-2931.tar.gz

Jeremy Hoel jthoel at ...11827...
Tue Oct 9 12:46:26 EDT 2012

You never got back to me about the size of the file and if the file
was complete.

the error makes it sound like it's not a tar.gz file.

you need to very you got the whole file and that it's not just a text error.

run 'file snortrules-2931.tar.gz' and see what it says.