[Snort-users] mysql error prevails...

AllowOverride allowoverride at ...11827...
Sat Oct 6 16:28:50 EDT 2012

this is exactly what im talking about when i replied to beeph
recently... good friggen grief...

NOW i can not connect to mysql locally,,, wtf.....

gee thanks beeph, i should have known better. when someone/anyone say
try this or that, and does not give
syntax, but points me to a friggen MANUAL or RTFM or Google search, 9.9
out of 10x it won't work.

i have used linux/unix long enough to know when to DOUBT a user request.
either you know or you don't, but
PLEASE do not make me feel stupid and simply try cmds if you dont know
for SURE.

i am not doing anything extra or out of the ordinary for barnyard2. i am
following the manual HOWTO instructions.

here are the results Eric from doing beeph syntax cmds: sighs...

mysql -u snort -p snort
Enter password:

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'snort'@'localhost' (using
password: YES)

# mysql -u snort -p
Enter password:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'snort'@'localhost' (using
password: YES)

sighs... now i have to into mysql and try to undue what beeph
suggested...

you know i actually rebuilt reload reinstall the os, didn't take that
long, but i did it again 5 x the past 2 weeks,
just make sure it wasnt a typo or anything like that, and really i know
i didnt becuz the displayed mysql
passwd i use for testing are always the same... i rarely make mistakes
like that, but i rebuilt anyway,,,

and im getting the exact same FATAL ERROR so on so forth..
i want to say bug, as the perms for dirs were janked, i know something
trivial is at work here,
i need help finding it, i will certainly keep looking and trying to
figure it out, you can count on that...