[Snort-users] mysql error prevails...

beenph beenph at ...11827...
Thu Oct 4 21:18:02 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 9:03 PM, AllowOverride <allowoverride at ...11827...> wrote:
> Oct  4 17:58:52 jupiter barnyard2[17983]: FATAL ERROR: database:
> mysql_error: Access denied for user 'snort'@'localhost' (using password:
> YES)

Is you MySQL server located on the same machine as the one your
running barnyard2
or is your MySQL located on a different server?

Have you tried in the barnyard2 configuration file  to use your server
loopback IP instead of localhost?

Also have you tried to wildcard your access for the user you configured?

UPDATE mysql.user SET host="%' WHERE user='YOURCONFIGUREDUSED';

REF: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/adding-users.html

And make sure to flush--privileges/reload before testing .

Now you keep mentionning a "script". Are your sure your/the script is
working correctly?

-elz