[Snort-users] mysql error prevails...

Marcos Rodriguez marcos.e.rodriguez at ...11827...
Thu Oct 4 21:16:35 EDT 2012

> grants are fine, ufw is off, hostname is jupiter, snort.conf is set to
> localhost, or anywhere else it is required in howtos, yet... i still get
> this cheesy error,,, anyone come across this before? and saw it was
> something not common?
>
> mysql --version
> mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.24, for debian-linux-gnu (i686) using
> readline 6.2
>
> mysqladmin --version
> mysqladmin  Ver 8.42 Distrib 5.5.24, for debian-linux-gnu on i686
>
> sighs.....

Hiya AO,

I may be off base, and may be repeating an earlier answer from an earlier
thread, but have you checked your my.cnf in /etc/mysql?   If the hostname
is set = to localhost, then remote mysql logins will not be accepted, even
though the port is listening.

marcos