[Snort-users] Snort / Pulled Pork Confusion

AllowOverride allowoverride at ...11827...
Thu Oct 4 20:50:40 EDT 2012

speaking of PP.pl, im getting somewhere finally,,,

 /usr/local/bin/pulledpork.pl -c /etc/snort/etc/pulledpork.conf -T -l

    http://code.google.com/p/pulledpork/
      _____ ____
     `----,\    )
      `--==\\  /    PulledPork v0.6.1 the Smoking Pig <////~
       `--==\\/
     .-~~~~-.Y|\\_  Copyright (C) 2009-2011 JJ Cummings
  @_/        /  66\_  cummingsj at ...11827...
    |    \   \   _(")
     \   /-| ||'--'  Rules give me wings!
      \_\  \_\\

Checking latest MD5 for snortrules-snapshot-2931.tar.gz....
		They Match
	Done!
Prepping rules from snortrules-snapshot-2931.tar.gz for work....
	Done!
Checking latest MD5 for opensource.gz....
	They Match
	Done!
Prepping rules from opensource.gz for work....
	Done!
Reading rules...
Processing /etc/snort/etc/enablesid.conf....
	Modified 0 rules
	Done
Processing /etc/snort/etc/disablesid.conf....
	Modified 0 rules
	Done
Modifying Sids....
	Done!
Setting Flowbit State....
	Enabled 11 flowbits
	Enabled 1 flowbits
	Done
Writing /etc/snort/rules/snort.rules....
	Done
Generating sid-msg.map....
	Done
Writing /etc/snort/etc/sid-msg.map....
	Done
Writing /var/log/sid_changes.log....
	Done
Rule Stats....
	New:-------15094
	Deleted:---0
	Enabled Rules:----3391
	Dropped Rules:----0
	Disabled Rules:---11703
	Total Rules:------15094
	Done
Please review /var/log/sid_changes.log for additional details
Fly Piggy Fly!

so... now i just have to get barnyard2.conf  and mysql 5.x talking.

i want to then continue to use base-1.4.5 but that is going to be
tricky, i might have to go manual instead of
using ./schemas/create_mysql. sighs...

i think PP Snort Barnyard2 folks should go get a beer and standardize
this, each "nix" system has the same basic lsb or posix system where the
pp.pl and barnyard2.conf and snort.conf can all point to
say... /usr/local/etc/snort or simply /etc/snort and just stuff
everything in there, dynamics, preprocs, libs, new rules from ET, snort
so forth... let me guess its all confusing and all over the road map so
typicals can purchase a "turnkey" solution... bah, go get a beer guys
and finalize a standard if you are going to have 4 diff programs working
as one... my two bytes.

l8